Policies and Procedures
Scope of Practice
Peaceful Sol therapists are soley able to provide services within their scope of training in therapeutic/medical massage, reiki, craniosacral therapy, thai massage and reflexology. If we are unable to provide the service you need, we are happy to refer you to the another practitioner.
Client Comfort and Expectations
Peaceful Sol therapists practice informed consent in all treatments. Your scheduled time is yours. We are there to support you with your needs and healing goals. Before our session, we will have a discussion about your goals and expectations. We will explain everything we would suggest we do to acheive your goals for your treatment time and ask for your input. We ask for your agreement before your session and if anything does not fit your goal, we encourage you to let us know right away. Please feel free to contribute to the direction of our session. If there are areas you want to have more or less attention, need to change the amount of pressure we are using to more or less, please let us know at any time during the session. Your feedback is essential to ensuring you receive the most benefit from our time together. If a treatment is limited in time, we may need to discuss priorities if there is an area of concern. In a 1 hour session, we often will not be able to complete a full-body massage when you have 1 or more specific areas needing therpeutic attention, depending on the case. If you feel you need a full-body massage in addition to therapeutic, muscle specific work, we suggest a 90 minute or longer treatment to ensure you get what you need from your session.
Your privacy and confidentiality will be upheld at all times. Except for the case of a court subpoena, all records and communication regarding treatments is strictly confidential. You are welcome to access your records at any time by request.
Privacy and Draping Policies
It is beneficial for most treatments to have clients disrobe completely for a massage. Reiki, Craniosacral Therapy, Pressotherapy and Thai massage are done fully clothed, so please make sure to dress comfortably with as little constriction as possible for these treatments. You may choose not to disrobe completely which is entirely at your own discretion. During treatment, we will only uncover the area being worked and the rest will be covered with linens. It is our policy to always cover all areas not being worked with the exception of lomi lomi or abhayanga massage. During these treatments you will be minimally draped as the treatment includes long connecting full-body strokes to balance the body, mind and spirit. It is our policy to cover the breast area while working with the abdomen and during lomi or abhayanga massage. You may request no breast drape for your comfort, however please note that all touch is purely therapeutic and non-sexual. Clients may not request at any time for any reason that the genital area be exposed. Your privacy and modesty are always respected.
Fees, Cancellations, and Late Policy
- Payment is expected at the time of service unless other arrangements are made ahead of time. We accept cash and credit cards. Cash is preferred.
- Gratuities are always appreciated and are accepted by cash or credit card. Tips are not expected but graciously accepted with deep gratitude.
- If we must cancel a session, we will give you 24 hours notice. We will help you find another qualified therapist, or offer to reschedule our appointment at our earliest convenience. If we must cancel within a 24 hour period, you will receive $25 off your next session.
- If you must cancel an appointment, we require 24 hours advance notice. If you fail to do so, you will be charged a $25 cancellation fee within 24 hours, and the full rate of the service for no shows (except in cases of emergency). In the event of inclement weather with dangerous road conditions, we require 2 hours notice to cancel outside of a 5 mile radius in proximity to our office. If you are within 5 miles, the 24 hour cancellation policy still applies so please try to keep aprised of weather conditions if you think this would be an issue for you.
- If you are late to a session, we will do my best to accommodate and fit in a full session. However, it is important to us to respect the time of all clients, and so if we are booked after your session, we may not be able to complete a full session. Late clients are charged for the full session.
Please be courteous regarding hygiene and cleanliness. Please refrain from wearing heavy perfumes or scents as we and many of our clients are sensitive to chemicals and perfumes. We use only organic products and organic essential oils in our practice
Safety and Inappropriate Behavior
The safety and comfort of both therapist and client are very important. Either can terminate the session at any time if uncomfortable for any reason.
Intoxicant Policy: Alcohol and drugs can significantly reduce the benefits of massage, and may even cause harm. Therefore, if you come to a session under the influence, we may refuse to offer my services, and you will be charged for the session.
Sexual Misconduct: The type of massage we practice is therapeutic and is strictly non-sexual/sensual. There will be absolutely no contact with gentials, nipples or any bodily orifice with the exception of mouth work during craniosacral therapy. Respect is always demostrated in all cases and clients are always welcome to communicate discomfort with any part of their treatment. Informed consent is always asked for in all sessions, and you will not be touched in any area we have not previously discussed. In most cases, groin work will not be performed in the first or second treatment without a prescription, but may be discussed after the client/therapist relationship and sense of trust has been established. In all cases, the leg will be properly draped (not loose) when doing groin, hip and psoas therapy. Inappropriate verbal or non-verbal sexual behavior will result in immediate termination of the session, and full payment will be due.
Back to main